Please read our pre-operative instructions carefully before you come for your visit,
If you are required to pre-medicated for surgery, please take your medication prior to your appointment unless otherwise directed.
- Avoid Aspirin, Advil, Alka Seltzer, Anacin, Ascriptin, BC, Bufferin, Cleracol capsules, Coricidin, Darvon, Oristan, Empirin, Excedrin, Fiorinai, Gingko Biloba, Goodys, Ibuprofen, Midol, Mediprin, Motrin, Nuprin, Percodan, Sterndin, Triaminicin, Vitamin E (2 weeks before) or other blood thinners about 10 days prior to surgery if possible, otherwise advise Dr. Raschkovsky.
- Any other medications prescribed by your physician should be taken prior to procedure. Be sure to update our staff in the event your medications have changed.
- Get soft diet foods for after the surgery (pudding, potatoes, rice, ice cream, etc.).
- Get plenty of rest the night before.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothes with short sleeves to facilitate the monitoring of your vital signs as necessary.
- Brush your teeth very well right before your scheduled surgery.
- No smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages the night before and 2 weeks after procedure.
- If your surgery is in the morning, make sure you have mild breakfast. Avoid coffee, cola and chocolate.
- If your surgery is in the afternoon, make sure that you have an early breakfast and a mild lunch. Avoid coffee, cola and chocolate.
- Arrange transportation to pick you up and drive you home if you are being placed under sedation.
- You will receive written post-operative instructions on the day of your procedure along with prescription for discomfort and antibiotics if necessary. Please take the medication as prescribed.
- Plan to relax at home immediately after your procedure at least until the next day.
Our office has knowledgeable, qualified, and caring personnel. Be confident that patient care and safety is our most important objective and we take our profession very seriously. We welcome you to our office and encourage you to make us aware of any questions or concerns you may have.